Author Topic: Smoke Chicken Mole Breasts  (Read 3169 times)

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Smoke Chicken Mole Breasts
« on: March 25, 2015, 07:09:15 PM »
For this smoke, I used 1.9 oz. of Wild Cherry wood, 2 Large Chicken Breasts (1 lb. each). Smoked for 2 Hours, pulled at 166 degrees. Served with yellow rice and seasoned black beans.

Smoked Chicken Mole Breasts
•   2-4 chicken breasts with bones and skin (Brined for 2 hours)
•   2 cans of College Inn Low Sodium Chicken Broth 14 oz each (other any other brand)
•   1 T Unsweet Cocoa
•   1.5-2 T Sugar
•   ¼ cup peanut butter
•   1 Jar of LA Costena Mole sauce 9 oz. (use can also use Dona Maria)

In blender, add 2 cans of chicken broth and the jar of Costena Mole sauce, peanut butter, sugar and blend until smooth. Remove from blender and then add to a 2 quart pan and put over medium heat. Continue to stir and allow the Mole sauce to thicken. Divide in half (freeze one half of the sauce in a zip lock bag and save for another dinner).

Place the chicken on a pan or large plate and take about 1 cup of the sauce and coat the chicken breasts. Spray with olive oil or pam and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

Meanwhile foil smoker and add ¾ pan apple juice and water and 2 oz. of cherry wood.

Remove the chicken from refrigerator after one hour and place in smoker on the top rack.

Set smoker to 250 degrees and smoke until chicken temp reaches 165 degrees.

Remove from smoker, cover with foil and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Reheat you’re the remaining Mole sauce and pour over the chicken.

Greg

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Smoke Chicken Mole Breasts
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 08:58:42 PM »
Really nice looking plate, Greg!  I just never developed a taste for Mole sauce. :(
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Re: Smoke Chicken Mole Breasts
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 09:08:48 PM »
Really nice looking plate, Greg!  I just never developed a taste for Mole sauce. :(

Dinner was great, but like most things if you don't like the sauce, you won't like the results.

I travel for a living and my goal is to eat local and not eat at chain restaurants. When I am not traveling I cook 6 out of seven nights always looking or working on a new dish or modifying something I have already made. Besides BBQ, I make some really great bread and really amazing pizza.

Greg
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 09:14:45 PM by gregbooras »