Author Topic: MEATLOAF MADNESS  (Read 7111 times)

Toni Baloney

• Thank heaven for little grills
Re: MEATLOAF MADNESS
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 10:31:14 PM »
I haven't experienced too much smoke yet, and I use 3 oz. of wood for just about anything I smoke.  I have a the baby SI, so maybe that's why?  But yes, maybe if you wrap it up and give it some time in the fridge, some of the smoke might penetrate deeper into the loaf. 

I'm curious about the cheese. . .how do you incorporate it into/onto the loaf?  Where exactly does it go?
. . . Tonⓘ from Boise

• I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat only vegetables.

Barrel99

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 11:05:20 PM »
Hey Eric. I used 3 lbs in a single loaf and the smoke was perfect. Perhaps using smaller loaves absorbed more smoke. Just a thought.
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

Durangosmoker

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2015, 07:00:16 PM »
Toni: Re the cheese, I just cut it into 1/4 - 1/2 inch cubes and mix it into the meat with the rest of the seasonings. If too many are on the surface, just poke them into the meat and smooth the mix over the hole.  I used grocery store Swiss, but you could use cheddar if you prefer.

Barrel: I think you may be right about the smaller loaves absorbing more smoke (more surface area).  And time in the fridge did help. I was very sad as I made my last sandwich...
Eric in New York's Hudson Valley, unless I can get out to Durango.
SI #1 in Durango, #2 in NY, and thinking about a 3D.