Author Topic: 1st try at beef back ribs  (Read 1977 times)

goldentouch

1st try at beef back ribs
« on: January 26, 2015, 12:47:06 PM »
My wife picked up beef back ribs instead of the baby back ribs saying how cheap they were.  We had friends down and one didn't like beef ribs.   I used Jeff's Naked rib rub on them and placed them in the #2 smoker.  smoked just like I would pork just left them in about 45 minutes longer.   They were falling off the bone tender and everyone loved them short story we cleaned the plater nothing left.   I now have someone that hates beef ribs eating until she couldn't eat any more.   Love this smoker
Eddie from East Texas

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: 1st try at beef back ribs
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 12:51:40 PM »
Such an awesome story! Another convert made. These smokers really make us look like geniuses. ;)
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: 1st try at beef back ribs
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 08:31:43 PM »
Awesome, Eddie!  My wife never really like smoked meat, either, until she was introduced to SI Q! 
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!