Author Topic: Disappointment  (Read 2775 times)

rollinon

Disappointment
« on: November 26, 2014, 01:13:36 PM »
 :-\ I received my smoker #1 last April and I love it !!!!!! My disappointment comes from the factory and ordering from their website. I ordered 2 clips to wrap the cord around. I see on the website you couldn't complete the order until you chose a shipping method of which the cheapest was 20.00. So I chose that for these 2 clips weighing in at 2 OZ. thinking/hoping they would not charge that amount for this order. I also emailed them immediately and said surely you don't charge the customer 20 bucks to ship 2 oz! No reply and they sure did charge that amount. Still wondering, I have e mailed them twice since then just to see if they cared about my story.....nope. Now I know I can call them but I have chosen not to. I guess it's my mistake anyway for accepting the method of shipment. Anyway I would have hoped for some type of response from such a 1st class company, but didn't happen. The other problem is the cover I ordered when first purchased. It is vinyl and if you leave your smoker outside all the time as I do because we live in our RV, the sun will make it stick to the smoker and leave this residue all over it and I have yet to find a way to remove it. I had another cover made from the proper material so this is no longer an issue. Just a heads up for anyone wanting a cover. The smoker, I really enjoy!

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
Re: Disappointment
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 01:32:53 PM »
Sorry for your troubles, but could you post a few pics of the cover issue. I haven't bought one yet, but am considering it.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 05:38:21 PM »
Rollinon - Sorry for your trouble!  Your post is not typical here, at all.  How long ago did you order the cord hanger?  Steve is very good about getting back with customers, so I'm wondering if it was during their move from Ohio to Michigan.  At any rate, I've contacted Steve on this.  If you would please PM me your contact info (other than screen name), I'll do what I can to get your issue resolved!

By the way, the covers are no longer vinyl.  The new camo covers are much better than the older versions, too.

Glad to hear you like the smoker - these are small issues that can be easily fixed!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 03:26:42 PM »
Tony,
Did you ever get any feedback on this issue?  I find myself in a similar position of wanting to order as $12 accessory and being told it would be $17 to ship it.

Dave
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 10:41:03 PM »
Dave, there are different shipping options available on the website, you just have to choose which one you want.  If shipping seems excessive on any item, contact Steve directly. 
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!