Author Topic: Helpful Tip: Latex & Nitrile Gloves  (Read 1755 times)

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
Helpful Tip: Latex & Nitrile Gloves
« on: November 21, 2014, 11:54:44 AM »
I prefer powder free gloves when working with food but they can be tough to get on or change. Before gloving up for butchering or meat prep I rub a 1/4 Tablespoon of corn starch on my hands then glove up. This keeps my hands dry and comfortable. If you have ever tried to re-glove with sweaty or damp hands you will appreciate this tip.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 08:22:34 AM by Pork Belly »
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: Helpful Tip: Latex & Nitrile Gloves
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 12:10:26 PM »
We're probably going to be butchering at least one deer this weekend. So, I will definitely try this.

We have 3 out of our 4 deer harvested with only my buck left to go. I have been holding out for the big one, but anything with antlers may have to go down this weekend as it is the last weekend of rifle hunting in ND.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 09:42:16 PM »
Great tip, Brian!  I use nitrile gloves, but hate the sweaty hands for prolonged use!  I'll definitely try this.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 11:37:32 PM »
I think you will like the results, dump it into one of your palms and rub your hands together like an Olympic weight lifter. One application usually lasts for several glove changes.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud