Author Topic: Christmas Pork Loin  (Read 7674 times)

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
Re: Christmas Pork Loin
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 01:11:21 AM »
The Christmas loin was hot smoked. The Loin in the bacon picture was cold then hot smoked along with the bacon.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

Barrel99

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 12:09:21 AM »
You say that you cold smoke at 100 for 14 hours after the smoke started at 175. How long did the wood continue to smoke at that temp. I would think the wood would have died out, since at 100, the heater is not going to come on very much.
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 12:53:13 AM »
The plan was to cold smoke for 12 hours but I overslept causing it to go to 13. The was the faintest little wisps of smoke at thee top vent but the box was full of smoke when I opened the door. I let the meat and smoker cool before I started the hot smoke at 175 until an IT of 150.

In the past I smoked my bacon at 200 until an IT of 150, but wanted maximum time in the smoke so I went lower. The second hot smoke was 8 hours long.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

Barrel99

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 02:15:38 PM »
That  really surprises me that the smoke lasted that long. Especially since you only let it just begin to light up at 175 and then lowered it. Nice to know.
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!