Author Topic: First smoke out of the way  (Read 1259 times)

MC1960

• Lover of great pork ribs
First smoke out of the way
« on: October 12, 2018, 07:48:05 PM »
I did 2 fat racks of baby back ribs today. Smoked 3 hours at 225, wrapped in foil with about 4 oz. coke, and about 1/4 stick of butter in each 2 more hours, then out of the foil, brushed with BBQ sauce, then back in for another, not quite ready so back in for another 30, minutes. It was time to eat, so I pulled them, have stood another 1/2 hour .I put 1/4 slices of potatoes in 30 minutes before taking them of foil, I think I should have put them in when I put the ribs in the foil, smaller ones were just right, larger ones still a little hard, but not bad. BBQ sauce a little too spicy, but not bad. Over all not the best ribs that I have ever ate, but a lot better than I have had. Thanks everybody for all of the information on the forum that has made this possible. Mark
Mark from the Republic of West Florida, later South East Louisiana (the upper toe of the boot)
Smokin-it #2

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: First smoke out of the way
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 05:27:08 PM »
Nice job! But, no pics? ;)
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.