Author Topic: Disappearing SLRs  (Read 1220 times)

tomd8

Disappearing SLRs
« on: March 11, 2020, 08:59:17 AM »
We had a small family gathering a week or so ago with about a dozen people in attendance.  It was a taco party for one of my grandson’s but I added a few racks of ribs and 16 wings to give some additional variety.   I did my usual Jeff's rub the night before and used a 3 oz mix of hickory, cherry, apple chunks.  I usually make the ribs FOTB the IT to 202deg.  1.5 hrs for the wings and approx 6 hrs for the ribs in my #3 analog.  A few of the folks in attendance hadn’t had my ribs before and it was such a pleasure watching 2 racks disappear in the blink on an eye.  These Smokin-It products do such a great LazyQ job and the compliments are a testament to that.  Sorry no pics.
Tom from New York
SmokinIt #3 analog, Masterbuilt analog, Little Chief

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: Disappearing SLRs
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 10:28:06 PM »
This sounds like another success story. I would expect nothing less. :)

It sounds like the food disappeared so fast you would have needed a pretty fast lens to get any photos. ;)
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

tomd8

Re: Disappearing SLRs
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 07:53:04 AM »
You have that right Greg.  Their arms would be blurred otherwise.  Too funny.  All kidding aside they do make great BBQ.  After I did these ribs I wondered how often I got to use this after owning it for a bit under 1.5 years.  It seems I've used it almost 2x/month....Yikes.  Mostly SLR's but also Pork Butt, CSR's, wings, chicken thighs and bluefish.  I have a small turkey I need to try and would like to try some beef.  Of course then there's BBR's.  So much to cook (and eat).  Hard to break the SLR habit though.
Tom from New York
SmokinIt #3 analog, Masterbuilt analog, Little Chief