Author Topic: Greetings from Panama City Beach Florida  (Read 10695 times)

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: Greetings from Panama City Beach Florida
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 04:26:11 PM »
It sounds like you have a great plan!

Make sure you take some pictures. I don't know that I am going to get anything smoked this weekend, so I am going to have to drool on my keyboard after looking at other people's success's. :)
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Barrel99

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 05:59:05 PM »
Go Howard! Good luck. You won't be disappointed.

BTW: Like most of us, you can put your name and any other info in your forum profile if would you would like. That way we always know your name and your SI model.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 09:23:37 PM by Barrel99 »
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

TmanEater

• Model #2 Owner
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 06:27:14 PM »
Good luck Howard! Ribs are a good choice! Took me 3 smokes to perfect them just the way I like em.
Smokin Newbie starting Dec. 2014... Learning Lazy-Q As Fast as I can!
Smokin-It 2, HeaterMeter PID
Monitor my live smokes at http://bbq.tonylyne.com

Tony from Marion, IA

H3

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 06:40:10 PM »
Thanks guys
Howard from Panama City Beach

mcinore

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2015, 08:22:59 AM »
Welcome Howard look forward to so of your smoked fish recipes.
Mike from Oregon
Smokin-it #4
Go Ducks

goldentouch

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 08:46:50 PM »
Welcome from Texas
Eddie from East Texas

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 04:58:57 PM »
Big fan of fish, seafood and shellfish myself. I look forward to hearing about and seeing photos and recipes of your experiences.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

H3

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 03:56:29 PM »
I am getting some super jumbo fresh shrimp tonight. I plan on smoking them in a shallow tin dish with butter and Cavenders greek seasoning.

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 04:30:50 PM »
mmmm. Fresh (not previously frozen) shrimp. Impossible to get here in Wisconsin!
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

paidin

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2015, 11:46:41 PM »
Hey Howard!  PCB is our favorite vacation spot since going last year.  We plan on being down there again the end of May.  If your smoker is open then, I will buy the meat!

-paidin
the SI#4 should be named "The American" because you can do everything in excess with it.  Just because you can.  'Murica!

1stlink

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2015, 06:59:33 AM »
You will LUV it.. Congradulations   ;D

H3

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2015, 11:02:29 AM »
Hey Paidin, Make sure you try Dusty's Oyster Bar while you are here. Cheap beer and Great food. Baked oysters and Fried Green Tomatos. You can't go wrong.

paidin

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2015, 05:23:08 PM »
Hey Howard, I think we ate at Gene's oyster bar when we were there last.  It was awesome and Gene was the old man sitting there chatting with you while his people shucked oysters.  Wife and kids and I finished off 6 dozen oysters and a bunch of other stuff.  really cool experience.
the SI#4 should be named "The American" because you can do everything in excess with it.  Just because you can.  'Murica!

Elliottbte

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2015, 09:03:16 AM »
Howard, welcome from Chattanooga.  It goes without saying that the SI smokers are the best, but what I appreciate most is the advice in the forums.  Everyone is very helpful. Read as much of the forum as you can.  I like you had a Weber Genesis "smoker set-up" and the SI just kills it.  I still can't get over the fact that I can just use 6oz of wood for a whole smoke, and not have to open up and tend to anything.  Of course my wife is catching on that I don't really need to sit beside the smoker to monitor it the whole time (while having a beer or two or ...)

Checkout DivotMaker's brine recipe.  I use it on both butts and brisket.  Also, I've starting making my own rubs using some very simple recipes. 
Brad from Chattanooga
Smokin-It #2