Author Topic: Wingin' out!  (Read 2043 times)

Grady

Wingin' out!
« on: September 21, 2018, 12:15:46 PM »
Yesterday I decided to do a small batch of wings solo. This being the 5th time that I've smoked 'em and trying a few different rubs. I've chosen the best rub for my taste, hands down is Weber's Kick 'N Chicken. This with the right amount of smoke and I now realize that going out for wing night, is the thing of the past. (not that I do that much anymore anyways ;D). Combining Bone Suckin' Sauce with some Sriracha and honey...……..get out a snot rag because you're going to need it. I personally like apple (1.5 oz if solo) and a SMALL (.3oz-.5oz) amount of hickory for chicken.

Directions as many others use:
Rub overnight. Smoke for 1 hour at 235. Pull rack out completely. (I'm not one to mess around with the door open. I pull rack, shut door and do what I have to do then place rack back in.) Lather wings with BSS. Cook for 1 hour more. Pull wings and place on HOT grill for 2-3 minutes to crisp up. Done!
814'er in the 'daks.

pargolfr2003

Re: Wingin' out!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 10:30:09 PM »
Good technique. Did you take a pic?
Tim D
Fayetteville, NC
My Tool Kit:
Smokin It #2
Weber Kettle
LOTS of cold beer and/or wine

will615

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 09:32:20 PM »
I love this recipe too! It's a game changer!
Will, Nashville, TN
SI #1, Weber Smoky Mtn., Kilwell Fish Smoker, and an old New Braunfels offset smoker that makes great ribs regardless of the bad reviews!

Grady

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 02:30:29 PM »
Good technique. Did you take a pic?

Does this count?  ;D Just inhaled a dozen of these for lunch. This recipe is...……..unreal!

814'er in the 'daks.