Author Topic: Enough Smokers  (Read 2217 times)

Grampy

Enough Smokers
« on: December 05, 2016, 10:55:48 AM »
RG, I hope you don't take any offense to this but I could not help but think of you and your penchant for having multiple smokers when I saw this. I am sure this applies to many more in this group as well (me included). ;D

Jimmy from Arkadelphia, AR
Smokin-It #2
Woo Pig Sooie!

drains

Re: Enough Smokers
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 11:43:33 AM »
LOL! Good one! Hey RG have you been used the new KBQ smoker lately?
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

RG

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 06:54:51 PM »
I saw that on facebook, lol!! I have been good lately. As a matter of fact, my wife bought the last cooking toy! A La Caja China. I don't know if I posted it on here or not but she surprised me with it. I have yet to cook a whole pig on it. I assembled it and it currently sits in the basement. I'll get it to sooner or later, probably not until spring though.

As for the KBQ, yeah, I cook on it a lot. It is a wonderful device, love it more than is probably healthy, lol :P
Jason from Conyers GA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 07:40:24 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Limey

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 02:34:39 PM »
RG you will love your La Caja China-easiest and least messy way to cook a pig that I know. Cleanup is a breeze. The timing instructions that are printed on the box are pretty good but I always stick thermometers in the shoulder and hindquarter. I use a Cuban mojo marinade. The trick to getting crispy skin is a really hot fire once you have turned the pig over. The standard instructions call for riddling the coals and discarding the ashes. In addition to this I recommend adding extra charcoal and igniting it with a large blowtorch, which I am sure that you have in your arsenal. Good luck with it-not sure that I could wait until spring though!
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.