Author Topic: Pastrami with Pretzel bun & Monterey Pepper Jack  (Read 2652 times)

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Pastrami with Pretzel bun & Monterey Pepper Jack
« on: September 11, 2015, 05:31:46 PM »

Tonight we had a simple dinner, but very tasty.

Boar's Head Pastrami sliced thin on a pretzel bun, with BH Monterrey Pepper Jack cheese with hot mustard and mayo. Served with some chips and pickle, excellent dinner.

pastrami with pretzel bun monterey pepper jack

Greg

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: Pastrami with Pretzel bun & Monterey Pepper Jack
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 08:35:52 PM »
I like the pretzel buns.  A hamburger establishment ran a promotion burger with a pretzel bun and then dropped it on me.  :( 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 09:10:33 PM »
I like the pretzel buns.  A hamburger establishment ran a promotion burger with a pretzel bun and then dropped it on me.  :(

The local Aldi grocery store had the pretzel buns 4 for $2.00, so I thought I would give them a try. I lightly buttered them and then placed under the broiler, removed and allowed them to cool.

In the past we have done this with onion buns also really good.

Greg

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 09:20:04 PM »
Looks great, Greg!  I love pretzel buns, but hard to find (for me).  I've also become a huge fan of brioche buns, but also hard to find!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 09:22:59 PM »
Looks good, Subway just started that bun and they push it when you get into the store.  I bet 'cause it takes less meat and condiments to make the meal.

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 10:14:58 PM »
Looks good, Subway just started that bun and they push it when you get into the store.  I bet 'cause it takes less meat and condiments to make the meal.
You get meat on your Subway sandwiches?  LOL!  Everytime I see a Subway commercial I want to sue them for false advertising. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 10:41:15 AM »
These are also great hot with some grilled onions. Just grill the onion and add to the roll with the pastrami and the cheese. Wrap in foil and place in the oven at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt.

Greg

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 08:30:46 PM »
You get meat on your Subway sandwiches?  LOL!  Everytime I see a Subway commercial I want to sue them for false advertising.

Ha! +1!!  Subway's a joke...under-cooked bread, and no meat!  I go to Jimmy Johns, for the Gargantuan, if I want a good deli sammie!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!